"Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Time Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!"
Public health focuses on the study and prevention of communicable diseases through aspects of disease prevention, environmental protection, and health. Throughout history, public health has been revolutionized with the development of powerful techniques in molecular and cellular biology, genomics, epidemiology and bioinformatics. These developments have allowed for further examination of the biological basis of human disease, therefore informing the actions and techniques public health professional have utilized throughout the spectrum of public health practice around the globe.
In this project, you will perform a case analysis focused on a biologic agent. You will select one of the provided case scenarios, or use your own case with instructor approval, as the focus of your case analysis. You will research the agent, looking at influencing factors and impact on public health, and will evaluate mitigation strategies. Using this analysis, you will determine an appropriate strategy to combat the biologic agent and the specific role of public health in these efforts.
Agents: airborne. Waterborne or vector borne
In this assignment, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following course outcomes:
· Analyze the role of biology in the model of public health for how it informs program planning and implementation
· Differentiate among effects of biological, chemical and physical agents on human health to inform mitigation strategies for associated risks
· Assess the relationship between disease prevention, control, and management programs on current public health laws, policies, and regulations for how they impact one another
· Determine strategies for preventing and controlling disease by analyzing the biological principles of disease
· Assess the role of pathogen types in developing strategies for cures and treatments of diseases worldwide.
Submit assignment as a Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Your case analysis must be 8–10 pages in length (plus a cover page and references) and must be written in APA format. All references should be cited in APA format.