Note: The assignments are a series of papers that are based on the same case, which is located in the XanEdu tab in the course shell. The assignments depend on one another. In this assignment, you will create a risk management plan. You have a budget of $100,000 and a timeline of six (6) months for the plan. Please refer to Figure A-1, Risk Management Plan Template, from Appendix A of the Hillson & Simon text to create the plan.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page Risk Management Plan paper in which you:
- Prepare the Scope and Objectives of the Risk Management Process section of the Risk Management Plan based on the facts presented in the case study.
- Determine the project size, based on the facts presented in the case study, and provide justification based on Figure 3-4, Example Project Sizing Tool (Chapter 3 of the Hillson & Simon text).
- Select the risk tools and techniques and complete the Risk Tools and Techniques section of the Risk Management Plan for both the qualitative and quantitative aspects of the project. Provide a rationale for the selection.
- Develop the Risk Reviews and Reporting section of the Risk Management Plan based on the project size previously determined.
- Define the Probability and Impacts section of the Risk Management Plan and justify the values assigned.
- Define the Risk Thresholds section of the Risk Management Plan and justify the values assigned.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply the concepts of risk management in a project context to develop an appropriate risk management plan as a key element of the project management process.
- Survey the project sponsor, stakeholders, team membership and key decision influencers to develop a qualitative assessment of the project risks and apply the results to further refine the project risk management plan.
- Create a schedule of project risks and opportunities appropriate to the organization.
- Develop a project risk plan that can be incorporated into this schedule.
- Create a schedule of project risk reviews appropriate to the organization.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.