The questions below are based on the following three case studies of systems/services development initiatives. Apply the content of Chapters 13 and 14, plus your own independent research into the concepts, notions, and theories in these two chapters to address these questions.
- How multinational corporations use information technology to manage global operations (.pdf)
- How to structure business transformation projects: The case of Infineon’s finance IT roadmap (.pdf)
- Exercising formal control in a large information systems project (.pdf)
- Assess the management, organization, and technology factors that
contributed to each organization’s pre- IT-initiative condition.
- What were the key risk factors of each systems initiative? How
well did each organization control, or plan to control, these risks?
What would you have done additionally or differently to manage these