"Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Time Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!"
For this Project (listed below) develop a 2-page outline of your proposed topics and subtopics. Then, identify the decision-making processes used, or any additional factors that might have led to ineffective decision making. Be sure to critique any processes used. Next, describe and justify two to three recommendations for different approaches that could have been taken. Lastly, identify potential theories that may be relevant to your Portfolio Project topic.
Final Project Description:
Analyzing Leadership Decisions
For this option, your final Portfolio Project is a thoughtful analysis of an ineffective or poor leadership decision. You may use a well-known leadership decision, such as the 2011 decision to split Netflix, which resulted in serious financial losses for the organization. Your project must include the f
- Research a leadership decision that was ineffective or did not have the desired results.
- Describe the problem that may have precipitated the decision, as well as the apparent processes used by the leaders involved in the decision-making effort. Use terms from this course.
- Critique the processes they implemented, applying what you learned from this course.
- Recommend a different approach that could have been taken, using theories and methodologies from this course.
- Present a strong case for how your recommendations could have altered the decision made, leading to more effective results for the organization.
- Use theory from this course to support your evaluation, critique, and recommendations.
Chow, T., Salleh, L. & Ismail, I. (2017). Lessons from the major leadership theories in comparison to the competency theory for leadership practice. Journal of Business and Social Review in Emerging Economies, 3(2), 147-156. (To view this reading, please open the link provided and select â€œFull Textâ€ then select â€œPDFâ€ on the next screen.)
Damirchi, Q., Etebarian, A., & Rashidpour, A. (2017). Role of culture in leaders leading. Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review (Oman Chapter), 6(10), 23-31.
Lisak, A., Erez, M, Sui, Y., & Lee, C. (2016). The positive role of global leaders in enhancing multicultural team innovation. Journal of International Business Studies, 47(6), 655-673.
Pathak, M. (2016). Authenticity: The new leadership standard. Human Capital, 20(5), 52-53. (To view this reading, please open the link provided and download the “PDF full text.”)
Yi-Feng, Y. (2016). Examining competing models of transformational leadership, leadership trust, change commitment, and job satisfaction. Psychological Reports, 119(1), 154-173. (To view this reading, please open the link provided and download the “PDF full text.”)
Robbins, S. R., & Judge, T. A. (2017). Essentials of organizational behavior (14th ed). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.