Nursing homework help
Thoroughly describe major healthcare historical events that changed the landscape of healthcare today.
Discussions are required a key part of your grade for this course and supplant the in-class environment, therefore discussions should thoroughly demonstrate the students’ knowledge of the learning objectives for the course and required readings. A minimum of two other sources beside the video and the textbook.
Proper use of APA format in-text citations and bibliography.
Apply key concepts from the text
Demonstrate professionalism, critical analysis and scholarly writing.
For this discussion, students do not need to respond/thread to another student post.
Grading is based upon the students’ depth and breadth of the topics assigned for that session
A minimum of three paragraphs with each paragraph having a minimum of five sentences
Correct spelling, grammar, and sentence structure is expected
Let’s start thinking about your Week 6 final paper – Cultural Perspectives. For that paper, you will choose one particular diversity-related issue to explore in depth. For this written assignment, think of possible diversity-related issues that could be used for your Final Paper.
First, identify three different types of diversity situations or cultural dilemmas based on different types of cultural and group associations. These diversity situations or dilemmas are your topics.
The following are guidelines for choosing your three separate diversity-related issues:
- Select topics that are reflective of diversity issues as we have been discussing in this course.
- The situations or dilemmas should demonstrate a cultural clash between at least two socio-cultural groups and have the potential for debate.
This video provides a tour of the University of the Rockies Library.
- Select topics that are current and possibly in the news.
- Select topics that can be researched to find out about them more in-depth.
Second, in addition to readings, media, website resources, and personal experiences, use ProQuest and EBSCOhost to find THREEappropriate scholarly articles to support your topics. Review the Library Tour video as well as the vidoes for searching EBSCOhost and Proquest to get started. At least one article should come from ProQuest, and one article should come from EBSCOhost.
- Searching Techniques: EBSCOhost (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Searching Techniques: Proquest (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Third, write a 660-1320 word paper (not including title page) that briefly discusses the following for each of your selected topics:
- Describe the diversity situation or cultural dilemma and your interest in this topic.
- Describe the cultural groups impacted by this topic.
- What are some of the societal and historical forces which might have created this situation or dilemma?
- Provide one argument from each perspective regarding the topic.
Remember to cite the articles you found using ProQuest and EBSCOhost (use this APA formatted template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for assistance).
Point Value: 8 Points
Weekly Learning Outcome Alignment: 1, 2
Course Learning Outcome Alignment: 3, 4, 6
Part One of the Integrative Personality Theory Paper
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review sections 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 of Chapter 1 in the text. In addition, read the e-book sections by Glanz (n.d.) and Saucier and Srivastava (2015).
The major assignment for this course is the development of your personal Integrative Personality Theory. In this paper, you will select one concept from each of the seven models covered in this course to include in your theory. Note that this is not meant to be an overview of each model, and the paper cannot focus on just one model. Rather, you are to select a specific concept from a theory in each model, and you must include one concept from each of the seven models in your final paper. Click here for examples of some of the main concepts from the Psychodynamic Model
In this week’s assignment, you will begin work on the final paper. You will complete the specific secions of the paper that are indicated below. This allows you to begin work on this major assignment and receive formative feedback from your instructor in order to improve final submission. Please use this template to build your Integrative Theory of Personality paper. It is APA formatted already and will guide you through the needed sections.
Instructions for the week three required sections:
Introduction: Provide a general introduction to the topic of theories of personality. Explain what you plan to cover and describe the direction your paper will take. Note: This section will not feature a heading.
In this section, you will present the seven specific concepts identified from the seven models you think best apply to the study of personality in distinct subheadings. For each concept, identify the major personality model from which the concept was taken as well as the theorist associated with that model. Each concept section should be approximately 3-4 paragraphs. For week three, you need to complete two of the seven total required by week five.
Click here for an example of how to structure your discussion of each concept.
- Psychodynamic Model Concept
- Neurobiological Model Concept
- Behavioral Model Concept
- Cognitive Model Concept
- Interpersonal/relational Model Concept
- Trait Model Concept
- Self-Psychology Model Concept
In this section, present the concepts you have chosen to exclude in your theory of personality development. Reflect on the basic assumptions that define personality and identify three specific excluded concepts from any of the theories studied in the course. For each of the excluded concepts, provide a rationale explaining the various aspects of the concept that make it unsuitable for your use and compare and contrast it with the concepts you have chosen to include. Each concept will be approximately 2-3 paragraphs. In week three you need to flesh out the section for one of the three-all three are due in week five.
The Differences between Healthy and Unhealthy Personalities
Describe the basic differences between healthy and unhealthy personality, based on the concepts that you have chosen to include and exclude from your theory. This section will be approximately two to four paragraphs. Start the draft in week three to be finalized in week five.
The Roles of Heredity, the Environment, and Epigenetics
Provide your analysis of the roles heredity, the environment, and epigenetics play in the development of personality. Discuss how heredity and the environment might affect personality disorders. This section will be approximately three to five paragraphs. Start the draft in week three to be finalized in week five.
Assessment and Measurement of the Theory
There is no requirement in week three for this-the section must be completed by week five.
In this section of the paper, review the self-reflection you wrote in Week One of this class and describe how and in what ways your views have or have not changed. Analyze your Week One self-assessment using the concepts that you have included in your integrative theory and describe how your theory explains your personality. This section will be approximately four to six paragraphs. Start the draft in week three to be finalized in week five.
Conclusion: There is no requirement in week three for this-the section must be completed by week five.
Research a minimum of four of the eight scholarly sources related to these concepts in the Ashford University Library to support your statements in the paper. Popular websites and your textbook may augment, but they will not count toward the minimum number of sources needed for the paper.
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title page and references page) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- Psychological issues for K9 handlers
- Family support and the role of a police psychologist
- Biology and psychology of shift work for first responders
- Responding to workplace violence calls
- Eyewitness memory
- Dealing with officer-involved shootings
- Dealing with post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSDs) and first responders
- Effectiveness of therapy for officers
- Psychology of germ warfare—pre/during/and post incident
- Latest research on psychological instruments to assess police officer suitability
- Peer counselors
Create a 10- to 12-page paper in a Microsoft Word document by addressing the following:
- Explain the particular issue or phenomenon from a psychological perspective and its impact on the practice of police psychology. As any issue has multiple perspectives, each of these perspectives should be researched, explained, and related.
- Culminate the facts and various perspectives into your own well-thought-out conclusion that directly relates to your thesis presented in the abstract and introduction of the paper.
In order to ensure you address all the requirements of the paper, read the grading criteria carefully to address all the elements
Psychology homework help
People often take shortcuts in problem solving and quickly arrive at answers. Known as heuristics, these shortcuts may increase the speed of decisions but may also decrease the accuracy of those decisions. The experiment used in this assignment deals with inaccurate decisions based on the conjunction fallacy, where people think the chance of two events happening at the same time is greater than just one event occurring. However, the chance of one event occurring is greater than two events occurring; hence, the fallacy.
Access the CogLab demonstration Typical Reasoning. Follow the instructions to complete the demonstration. Next, answer the following questions:
· For this demonstration, on average, do participants give higher ratings for single events or conjunctions of events? Based on the demonstration results, did you make your judgments by using objective probabilities? Why or why not?
· What is a stereotype? How do stereotypes relate to the findings of this demonstration?
· Respond to the following two situations:
· You and two of your coworkers have just interviewed a candidate for a job opening at your law firm. Your boss asks you what inferences you made about the candidate during the interview. What can you do to maximize your likelihood of making a correct inference?
· John is a young, energetic, muscular, and outgoing individual. Estimate the following for him:
· He is tall and likes sports
· He is tall, likes sports, and has lots of friends
Write your initial response in 4–5 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Assignment 1: LASA 2—Exceptionality Presentation
In this course, you have learned about a range of exceptionalities in children. For this assignment, you will have the opportunity to gain a more in-depth understanding of a particular exceptionality.
The local public school has asked you to give a presentation to parents or teachers about a specific exceptionality of your choice.
The presentation should cover at least two peer-reviewed articles. Select an exceptionality for this assignment and provide the following information in your presentation:
- Describe the exceptionality, including its identification and assessment.
- Explain the incidence of exceptionality in children, including known causes or those hypothesized in peer-reviewed research.
- Describe the cultural considerations in identification, assessment, and intervention.
- Hypothesize the prognosis.
- Recommend interventions for the following areas:
- At school
- In the community
- At home
- From early childhood through transition into adulthood
While developing the presentation, keep in mind individual differences and strengths, culturally and linguistically diverse populations, and ethical or legal issues in identification, assessment, and intervention. Be sure to include detailed speaker notes to accompany each slide to elaborate on the talking points being raised in the slide.
Use the accompanying PowerPoint presentation tip list to assist in formatting the presentation and speaker’s notes. Be sure to include a title slide and a slide with your references. All citations and the reference list should follow APA format. Click here to review some useful tips for an effective slideshow.
Develop a 15–20-slide presentation in PowerPoint (not counting the title and reference list slides). Provide detailed speaker notes for each slide of your presentation, which include the main talking points for the topic addressed in the slide. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.ppt.
Assignment 2: Discussion—Reflection
In this course, you have learned about the range of exceptionalities in children from low-incidence disabilities to gifted and talented, and also twice-exceptional children.
Given the realities of budget cutbacks, financial challenges, and legal requirements of schools, the focus tends to be on evaluating and providing interventions for students on the disability end of the exceptionalities continuum, rather than on those considered gifted and talented.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research gifted and talented students. Then, reflect on what you have learned throughout this course.
Based on your research, respond to the following:
- What arguments can you make for focusing time and resources on children with disabilities, rather than on those considered gifted and talented?
- What arguments can be made for focusing on those considered gifted and talented?
- Given what you have learned about the continuum of exceptionalities, what recommendations would you make? Provide reasons to support your answer.
Remember to consider ethical and legal arguments.
- Explain why the term exceptionalities includes a continuum from those with low-incidence disabilities to gifted and talented. What do all of these children have in common?
- Describe something new that you learned, including how it might have changed your viewpoint on children with exceptionalities (such as, how research differs from what you thought was true or how an opinion or perspective was challenged).
- Discuss something you learned in this course that you would like to continue learning more about. How might you apply this knowledge in your career goals?
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
- Assignment 1: LASA 2—Prevention Strategies
Treatment programs cannot always be 100% effective, and many substance abusers relapse into drug abuse after days, months, or even years of sobriety. With the marginal success of treatment programs, it is even more important that people never start using drugs. As such, prevention strategies are of utmost importance.Case Study Part III
Aaliyah had been taking amphetamines regularly for two months and had been experiencing the physiological, psychological, and toxic effects of chronic amphetamine use. She had started drinking alcohol to help her sleep at night.
One morning she was driving to work and feeling the effects of a hangover from the night before. She was not concentrating on the road, and ran into the back of a car that had stopped in front of her. Luckily, none of the people involved in the accident was seriously injured.
This incident served as a “wake up call” for Aaliyah, and she decided to get help for her problems. However, because she is now using both amphetamines and alcohol, she is not sure what treatment program to enter.
Aaliyah would like to help other people avoid the troubles caused by drugs. She would like to give a presentation at her college to discuss her experiences and give students several prevention options, as well as ways to tell if their friends or loved ones have a drug problem.
Review the case study. Using your module readings and the Argosy University online library resources, research methods of increasing awareness about substance abuse and dependence.
Develop a PowerPoint presentation including the following:
- Identify and describe two prevention strategies.
- Explain ways of determining whether loved ones have a problem with drugs using the current DSM characteristics of substance use disorders.
- Address the effectiveness of current treatment strategies in the United States.
- Explain polysubstance abuse.
- Address the possible treatment options and treatment difficulties for someone who is dependent on two substances.
- Develop an 8–10-slide presentation (complete with speakers notes) in PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Be sure to include a title slide and a list of references. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.ppt. By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area .
Assignment 1 Grading Criteria Maximum PointsIdentified and described 2 prevention strategies60Explained ways of determining whether loved ones have a problem with drugs using the current DSM characteristics of substance use disorders52Address the effectiveness of current treatment strategies in the United States56Explained polysubstance abuse.20Addressed the possible treatment options and treatment difficulties for someone who has dependence on two substances48Style (8 points): Tone, audience, and word choice
Organization (16 points): Introduction, transitions, and conclusion
Usage and Mechanics (16 points): Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
APA Elements (24 points): Attribution, paraphrasing, quotation64Total:300
Assignment 2: Methadone Maintenance Treatment—Helpful or Harmful?
By the due date assigned, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. In your response, ask a question, provide a statement of clarification, provide a point of view with rationale, challenge a point of discussion, or draw a relationship between one or more points of the discussion.
Methadone Maintenance Treatment—Helpful or Harmful?
Replacement therapies tend to be the most controversial of all treatments for substance abuse and dependence. In particular, methadone maintenance has been the focus of much controversy and debate.
Mary was a chronic heroin user, but eventually she hit “rock bottom” and decided to get help. Mary goes to a methadone clinic every day to get her methadone dose for the day. She is happy to be sober from heroin. However, her family does not understand. They see that Mary is still taking a drug every day and view her as still being dependent.
Using your textbook and the Argosy University online library resources, research the controversy of methadone maintenance treatment for heroin users.
Answer the following:
- In what ways is the treatment helpful or harmful?
- Is this a successful treatment for heroin dependence? Why or why not?
Write your initial response in 150–200 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Human behavior is extremely complex, there are many factors that contribute to the occurrence of a specific behavior. This can get increasingly complex when analyzing behaviors within an organization. Your textbook includes a discussion of many principles of Applied Behavior Analysis and applications to Organizational Behavior management including conditioning, verbal behavior, and rule governed behavior.
For your Discussion you will review the fundamental principles of applied behavior analysis and extend your application by describing how these principles influence the behavior of individuals within organizations.
- Describe the following:
- respondent conditioning
- operant conditioning
- Provide a specific real life example of respondent and operant conditioning.
- Discuss verbal and rule governed behavior. Describe the importance of these concepts in understanding behavior and creating behavior management plans for organizations.
Notes: For your discussion of respondent and operant conditioning you should include a discussion of the key variables i.e unconditioned stimulus and conditioned stimulus for respondent and the three-term contingency for operant conditioning.
A minimum of 400 words including references, from: Redmon, W. K. (2001). Handbook of Organizational Performance, 1st Edition