Discussion: Health Promotion During Pregnancy
When caring for pregnant women, it is important to care for the whole person. This means you not only manage the pregnancy and treat conditions, but you also promote healthy behaviors and good lifestyle choices. Through health promotion, you can help to ensure the safety of both the mother and the baby. Your role in health promotion is to identify health risks that might result in pregnancy complications, educate patients on these risks, and provide the necessary support to help patients mitigate these risks. In this Discussion, you examine implications of drug use, alcohol consumption, dietary habits, and environmental exposures during pregnancy, and you consider ways to educate pregnant women about such risks.
To prepare: Due 10.10.17 by 12 noon
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Review Chapter 2 of the Tharpe et al. text and the
2. Article from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in this week’s Learning Resources:
3. Consider lifestyle changes that pregnant women must make in relation to smoking. Select one of these topics to be the focus of an educational media piece you would create for health promotion during pregnancy.
· 4. Think about the patient population that you treat within your practicum setting. Consider ways to educate these patients on health promotion as it relates to the topic you selected. Then, consider the types of educational pieces, such as posters, that might be most effective with your patient population.
Post a detailed description of the educational media piece you would create for health promotion during pregnancy. Explain why you selected the particular topic (SMOKING), as well as why you selected the type of media (POSTER), and how and why it is suitable for your patient population.
Note: Attach the POSTER to your Discussion posting before the References.
DUE ON: OCT. 17.17 by 12 noon
1&1/2 PAGE only.
:earning Resource/Required Readings/References
Schuiling, K. D., & Likis, F. E. (2017). Women’s gynecologic health (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Review Chapter 30, “Diagnosis of Pregnancy and Overview of Prenatal Care” (pp. 781-797)
This chapter examines the diagnosis of pregnancy, routine prenatal care, and patient education strategies for pregnant women.
Tharpe, N. L., Farley, C., & Jordan, R. G. (2017). Clinical practice guidelines for midwifery & women’s health (5th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Publishers.
- Review: Chapter 2, “Care of the Woman During Pregnancy” (pp. 49-90)
This chapter explores the care of women during pregnancy, including common health conditions and health promotion.
- Chapter 3, “Care of the Pregnant Woman with Prenatal Conditions” (pp. 93-154)
This chapter examines the care of women who suffer from complications during pregnancy and focuses on interventions that maximize health outcomes for the mother and baby.