How is obtained data used to make fact-based decisions?
Answer the review questions in PSMS text Chapter 5 (page 69). Imagine that you are in a Part 141 organization as the SMS manager. SMS can be used in any industry so if you do not work or train within a part 141 organization do not confine yourself only to aviation if you would rather use another industry as an example. How is obtained data used to make fact-based decisions?
1- How might a Part 141 pilot school be different than a large Part 121 air carrier in regard toscalability?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2.Describe the primary factors that exist between a large, medium, and small organization’sSMS.
3.Compare similar organizations to your own and identify how their scale would vary.
4.What strategy will you use to get buy-in from management to provide resources for devel-oping and maintaining of SMS?
5.What are the key ways your organization obtains data and how is it used to make fact-based decisions?
6.What about your organization makes it “complex?” How will knowing this help you estab-lish a safety management system?
Answer the review questions in the PSMS text Chapter 6 (Page 91).
Using Reason’s Swiss cheese model (page 74), identify the correct root cause of the following ac-cidents in questions 1 through 3
. 1. Against established policy and management direction, the pilot taxied up to the gate with-out any ramp personnel to guide him. a. Decision error.b. Routine violation.c. Exceptional violation.
2. Though the boss knows that a particular pilot is a risk-taker and sometimes pushed the envelope when flying, he did not take action (e.g. by confronting the pilot about his way of flying).a. Failure to correct a known problem.b. Routine error.c. Unsafe act.
3. The pilot misunderstood the instructions from air traffic control and did not seek clari-fication. a. Communication and coordination.b. Physical limitation.c. All the above.
4. What percentage of aviation accidents can be attributed, in part, to human error?a. Approximately 25-50%.b. Approximately 70-80%.c. Approximately 50-75%.
5. Explain how an organization can cause an accident.
6. Describe the key components of the SHELL model and how they relate to your SMS.
7. Summarize how the 1:600 Rule is used in your SMS Program. How is obtained data used to make fact-based decisions?
8. Discuss how the Iceberg of Ignorance can be used create a predictive safety culture.
1- Define the following key terms:a. Active applicant.b. Active conformance.c. Active participant.d. Gap analysis.e. Implementation plan.
2. Compare and contrast the design and the demonstration of the performance phases.
3. During which phase would one expect to receive the recognition of active applicant under the SMSVP? 112PRACTICAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
4. What does it mean to be a non-active applicant?
5. In regard to the SMSVP, what two demonstration performance job aids must involve the SMSPO?
6. Who has final authority regarding recognition of an organization as reaching active con-formance?
7. In reviewing the SMS gap tool, what segments or columns apply to your organization or to various organizations who might decide to obtain an SMS? 1- Explain the three reasons that justify using a phased approach when developing your SMS Program.
2. Explain the five levels of implementing an SMS.
3. Explain the phased approach used in the SMSVP Guide. Answer review questions 1, 2, 4 and 5 in PSMS text Chapter 12, and review question 5 in PSMS text Chapter 13 (Pages 170 and 181).
1- What is the difference between an audit and an evaluation? How is obtained data used to make fact-based decisions?
2. What is the difference between an internal audit/evaluation and an external audit/evalua-tion?
4. Explain the difference between and preliminary gap analysis and a detailed gap analysis.
5. Define the term objective evidence.6. Explain how to use the job aids in the FAA SMSVP Guide. 5- What are the behavioral characteristics of a positive safety culture? How is obtained data used to make fact-based decisions?